Friday, July 27, 2012

National Boards!

I have opened the box, read the website, created a binder with directions, consulted a friend, and designated time to begin working. Great start, right?

I discovered today/tonight, that I have a huge procrastination problem. I am not quite sure when this developed, but I have uncovered this fact. I have learned that it is easier for me to work with deadlines - I guess I crack under pressure. Not good for someone who needs to pace themselves over the next 9 months before turning in the infamous box with EXACT packaging to mail off and be assessed.

Why am I doing this to myself I wonder...
I just got my Master's in Reading in May, you would think I would be good to go for awhile...

But, noooo....I needed to go out and pursue National Board Certification. Today, I managed to do all of my laundry - even my bedding, fixed my children two meals and two snacks (they went to dinner with their dad), fixed myself two meals (had dinner at Panera), read the entire August issue of Prevention magazine, worked-out, showered and got ready, played Pokemon with my 8 year-old, read with my 5 year-old, loaded the dishwasher, browsed facebook, searched for ideas on parent and teacher communication, checked and responded to my e-mail, had countless phone and text conversations, and oh yeah, began my Entry 4 for Boards...

Seriously!

I don't get that much done in any given day, yet I feel compelled to do anything and everything to avoid sitting down and actually completing this task.

And now, I am blogging about it...still procrastinating...

No comments: